Quantcast

using Canon N650U USB flatbed scanner

pdc

using Canon N650U USB flatbed scanner

pdc
I did have this scanner running well on OpenSuse 10.2 KDE; we upgraded to OpenSuse 11.0 (Gnome) and I cannot get the scanner running;

if I run in a CLI: sane-find-scanner: I get:

sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2206 [CanoScan], chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:008:006
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

and if I run scanimage -L: I get:

scanimage -L

device `plustek:libusb:008:006' is a Canon N650U/N656U USB flatbed scanner

when I open xscan it does not recognise the device: I would be very grateful for advice on how to move ahead:

if I run the command scanimage -L as root: I get:

 # scanimage -L

and when I run sane-find-scanner tool as root: I get:

 # sane-find-scanner tool

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel driver for your USB host controller and have setup
  # the USB system correctly. See man sane-usb for details.

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.