troubleshooting Xerox WC3220 network scanning

troubleshooting Xerox WC3220 network scanning

Henrieta Marmorstein

Hello !

I tried all in this excellent tutorial https://help.ubuntu.com/community/sane.d%20tutorial but I cannot access the scanner installed in my little network. This model of XEROX MFP is working on Windows system, I used it in my office, but I cannot used it with Ubuntu 12.10. As a network printer everything is OK.

Can you help me, please ? Maybe also with a method to fax from PC ?

Thank you.

Henrieta Marmorstein

Re: troubleshooting Xerox WC3220 network scanning

m. allan noah-3
saned is used on a server machine with an attached scanner, so that
clients on the network can connect to the server and use the
non-networked scanner. If your scanner has its own network connection,
saned will be of no help.

the development version of the sane xerox_mfp backend lists support
for 4 networked scanners. Your scanner is not one of those 4. So, the
place to start is to connect the scanner directly to a machine running
a recent version of sane-backends, and see if you can make it work
over usb?

allan