[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature freeze for sane-backends 1.0.17

[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature freeze for sane-backends 1.0.17

Henning Meier-Geinitz
Hi everyone,

Feature freeze for sane-backends 1.0.17 is now active. This means,
that no new backends or new features for existing backends should be
committed to CVS anymore. Bug fixes, documentation and translation
updates are still ok.

Time table:
2005-12-04 Code freeze
2005-12-11 Release

After code freeze only fixes of grave bugs that render a backend
completely unusable or break compilation and documentation updates are
accepted.

There have been quite some changes since the last release. Therefore
please test the current version of sane-backends carefully, so all
bugs are found until release. Current snapshots are available here:

http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/

The current NEWS file is appended.

Developers, please have a look at our growing list of bugs and fix as
many bugs as possible:

http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=30186&atid=410366

If the bug report is bogus, please close it with a comment why it's
closed.

If you need more information from the author, add a comment. If you
don't get more info and can't reproduce the bug, close it.

Also, you can view only bugs assigned to you to reduce the number of
visible bugs. Having a look at bugs assigned to nobody is also worth a
try as some bugs affect several backends/maintainers. You can also
sort by topic ("Summary").

Bye,
  Henning

New with 1.0.17, released 2005-12-11:

* New backends: hp4200 (HP ScanJet 4200), lexmark (Lexmark X1100 series),
  mustek_usb2 (Mustek BearPaw 2448 TA Pro)
* Updated backends: artec_eplus48u, fujitsu, genesys, gt68xx, microtek2,
  mustek_pp, plustek, plustek_pp, sm3600, snapscan, umax_pp.
* Hotplug/udev updates.
* scanimage fixes.
* sane-find-scanner finds more chipsets.
* Build system fixes/updates. make now calls makedepend.
* Portability fixes (especially for MacOSX, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OS/2).
* Updated translations.
* Documentation updates.
* Bugfixes.

Re: [sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature freeze for sane-backends 1.0.17

Stéphane VOLTZ
Le Lundi 21 Novembre 2005 18:37, Henning Meier-Geinitz a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> Feature freeze for sane-backends 1.0.17 is now active. This means,
> that no new backends or new features for existing backends should be
> committed to CVS anymore. Bug fixes, documentation and translation
> updates are still ok.
>
> Time table:
> 2005-12-04 Code freeze
> 2005-12-11 Release
>
> After code freeze only fixes of grave bugs that render a backend
> completely unusable or break compilation and documentation updates are
> accepted.
>
> There have been quite some changes since the last release. Therefore
> please test the current version of sane-backends carefully, so all
> bugs are found until release. Current snapshots are available here:

        I'm afraid that fixing gl646 part of the genesys backend may take some time.
Maybe I'll have to ask for a delay.

Regards,
                Stef