sane-backends 1.0.20 was released 2009-05-03. Changes include:
* New backends: canon_dr (Canon DR-series), coolscan3 (Nikon LS & Coolscan),
rts8891 (Umax & HP 44xx), xerox_mfp (Samsung/Xerox/Dell MFPs)
* Many backends updated.
* 75 more scanner models supported.
* New build system (thanks Chris and Olaf).
* Avahi support (thanks Julien).
* More network scanners supported
* Epson backend deprecated, use epson2
* Coolscan2 backend deprecated, use coolscan3
* Internal SCSI, USB, threading, TCP & UDP code updates.
* Updated HAL and udev support.
* Improved saned configuration.
* Scanimage updates.
* Updated translations.
* Documentation updates.
Errata: This release has two minor build system issues, which can be
corrected by passing the LDFLAGS argument to ./configure.
* FreeBSD users should use LDFLAGS="-lcam"
* users with gphoto2 installed outside of /usr/lib should use
Special thanks to Chris and Olaf for working on the new build system,
and to Julien for Avahi support and last minute SCSI fixes. Thanks
also to all the backend authors, bug reporters and translators.