issues with sane-pixma and Canon MX7600

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

issues with sane-pixma and Canon MX7600

James Ring
Hi all,

Up until recently, I've been able to scan fine with my Canon Pixma
MX7600. Then I upgraded to Ubuntu Wily and I've started getting:

$ scanimage
scanimage: open of device pixma:MX7600_192.168.2.107 failed: Invalid argument

The device pings and I can get to its HTTP port. Everything appears OK.

If I run

strace -f -s 256 -o /tmp/trace.txt scanimage

the relevant output appears to be:

socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP) = 204
connect(204, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(8612),
sin_addr=inet_addr("192.168.2.107")}, 16) = 0
sendto(204, "BJNP\2\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0", 16, 0, NULL, 0) = 16
select(205, [204], NULL, NULL, {4, 0}) = 1 (in [204], left {3, 998257})
recvfrom(204, "BJNP\202\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\20\0\1\10\0\6\4\0\0\205\316\356\343\300\250\2k",
2048, 0, NULL, N
ULL) = 32
close(204)
write(2, "scanimage: open of device pixma:MX7600_192.168.2.107 failed:
Invalid argument\n", 78) = 78

It appears to me that the scanner is responding but the driver doesn't
like the response. I'm running sane 1.0.14-11 and sane-utils
1.0.25+git201505.

Any ideas?

Regards,
James

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: issues with sane-pixma and Canon MX7600

James Ring
One more thing,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 10:13 AM, James Ring <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Up until recently, I've been able to scan fine with my Canon Pixma
> MX7600. Then I upgraded to Ubuntu Wily and I've started getting:
>
> $ scanimage
> scanimage: open of device pixma:MX7600_192.168.2.107 failed: Invalid argument
>
> The device pings and I can get to its HTTP port. Everything appears OK.
>
> If I run
>
> strace -f -s 256 -o /tmp/trace.txt scanimage
>
> the relevant output appears to be:
>
> socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP) = 204
> connect(204, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(8612),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("192.168.2.107")}, 16) = 0
> sendto(204, "BJNP\2\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0", 16, 0, NULL, 0) = 16
> select(205, [204], NULL, NULL, {4, 0}) = 1 (in [204], left {3, 998257})
> recvfrom(204, "BJNP\202\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\20\0\1\10\0\6\4\0\0\205\316\356\343\300\250\2k",
> 2048, 0, NULL, N
> ULL) = 32
> close(204)
> write(2, "scanimage: open of device pixma:MX7600_192.168.2.107 failed:
> Invalid argument\n", 78) = 78
>
> It appears to me that the scanner is responding but the driver doesn't
> like the response. I'm running sane 1.0.14-11 and sane-utils
> 1.0.25+git201505.

I just verified that downgrading to libsane 1.0.24-4ubuntu1 from
1.0.25+git201505 allows me to scan again, so I definitely there's some
sort of sane-pixma regression in there.

> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> James

Thanks,
James

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: issues with sane-pixma and Canon MX7600

Louis Lagendijk-2
On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 10:26 -0700, James Ring wrote:

> One more thing,
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 10:13 AM, James Ring <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Up until recently, I've been able to scan fine with my Canon Pixma
> > MX7600. Then I upgraded to Ubuntu Wily and I've started getting:
> >
> > $ scanimage
> > scanimage: open of device pixma:MX7600_192.168.2.107 failed:
> > Invalid argument
> >
> > The device pings and I can get to its HTTP port. Everything appears
> > OK.
> >
> > If I run
> >
> > strace -f -s 256 -o /tmp/trace.txt scanimage
> >
> > the relevant output appears to be:
> >
> > socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP) = 204
> > connect(204, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(8612),
> > sin_addr=inet_addr("192.168.2.107")}, 16) = 0
> > sendto(204, "BJNP\2\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0", 16, 0, NULL, 0) = 16
> > select(205, [204], NULL, NULL, {4, 0}) = 1 (in [204], left {3,
> > 998257})
> > recvfrom(204,
> > "BJNP\202\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\20\0\1\10\0\6\4\0\0\205\316\356\343\3
> > 00\250\2k",
> > 2048, 0, NULL, N
> > ULL) = 32
> > close(204)
> > write(2, "scanimage: open of device pixma:MX7600_192.168.2.107
> > failed:
> > Invalid argument\n", 78) = 78
> >
> > It appears to me that the scanner is responding but the driver
> > doesn't
> > like the response. I'm running sane 1.0.14-11 and sane-utils
> > 1.0.25+git201505.
>
> I just verified that downgrading to libsane 1.0.24-4ubuntu1 from
> 1.0.25+git201505 allows me to scan again, so I definitely there's
> some
> sort of sane-pixma regression in there.
this looks similar to an issue that I fixed some time ago. Please see
if you can find a package of the released 1.0.25. that should fix your
issue

Louis

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Loading...