iX500 multiple pages

dfriberg23
I got my iX500 to work with the latest git snapshot of sane-backend.  However, when I load 3 papers into the scanner, and run this:

SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=15 scanimage -d fujitsu --format=tiff --resolution=300 > foo.tif 2> log.txt

The first 2 pages get sucked through, and about a fourth of the third page, but only the first page is written to foo.tif.  Is there a way to control the number of pages it brings through, or do we not know how to do that yet?

Re: iX500 multiple pages

m. allan noah-3
You need to add the -b option to scanimage to get more than one image.
this will produce images in your current directory instead of using
stdout.

Really, the scanner should only pull in the first sheet in this case.
It is possible there is some additional command we could send to the
scanner to make it behave.

allan

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM, dfriberg23 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got my iX500 to work with the latest git snapshot of sane-backend.
> However, when I load 3 papers into the scanner, and run this:
>
> SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=15 scanimage -d fujitsu --format=tiff --resolution=300 >
> foo.tif 2> log.txt
>
> The first 2 pages get sucked through, and about a fourth of the third page,
> but only the first page is written to foo.tif.  Is there a way to control
> the number of pages it brings through, or do we not know how to do that yet?

>              to [hidden email]

Re: iX500 multiple pages

m. allan noah-3
I just now got a chance to try this with my iX500- and yes, if you
have multiple pages in the scanner and ask for only one, the machine
will keep scanning. I will look for a fix.

allan

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM, m. allan noah <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You need to add the -b option to scanimage to get more than one image.
> this will produce images in your current directory instead of using
> stdout.
>
> Really, the scanner should only pull in the first sheet in this case.
> It is possible there is some additional command we could send to the
> scanner to make it behave.
>
> allan
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM, dfriberg23 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I got my iX500 to work with the latest git snapshot of sane-backend.
>> However, when I load 3 papers into the scanner, and run this:
>>
>> SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=15 scanimage -d fujitsu --format=tiff --resolution=300 >
>> foo.tif 2> log.txt
>>
>> The first 2 pages get sucked through, and about a fourth of the third page,
>> but only the first page is written to foo.tif.  Is there a way to control
>> the number of pages it brings through, or do we not know how to do that yet?
>>

>> --
>>              to [hidden email]
>

> --
> "The truth is an offense, but not a sin"

Re: iX500 multiple pages

dfriberg23
I didn't try this in Windows -- maybe it isn't possible.

Dave Friberg
phone: (402) 957-2480