Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.3.8:
* Fixed bug saving TIFF, introduced in v1.3.6.
Closes Debian bug #812684 (cannot save in .tif format)
* Fixed bug running tesseract from OCR dialog, introduced in v1.3.7.
* Fixed bug saving, retrieving and applying profiles
* Update to Czech translation (thanks to Pavel Borecki)
* Update to Ukranian translation (thanks to Микола Ткач)