Would like to write a backend for CanoScan 3000F

Would like to write a backend for CanoScan 3000F

Cosmin Stroe
Hello everyone,

I have a CanoScan 3000F and would like to take a crack at writing a SANE backend for this scanner.  I'm completely new to SANE, but know my way around C.  I'm going to try to follow the instructions outlined in the Contributing section of the SANE website, but I'm guessing there is going to be a bit of rampup time.

Any tips or tricks are welcome, will let you all know on the progress,
Cosmin.

Re: Would like to write a backend for CanoScan 3000F

Olaf Meeuwissen-4

Cosmin Stroe writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a CanoScan 3000F and would like to take a crack at writing a SANE
> backend for this scanner.  I'm completely new to SANE, but know my way
> around C.  I'm going to try to follow the instructions outlined in the
> Contributing section of the SANE website, but I'm guessing there is going
> to be a bit of rampup time.
>
> Any tips or tricks are welcome, will let you all know on the progress,
> Cosmin.

Have you seen the info[1][2] already reported on this scanner?

 [1] http://sane.alioth.debian.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html#Z-CANON
 [2] http://sane.alioth.debian.org/unsupported/canon-3000.html

You may want to get in touch with the genesys author(s).
I cc'd one of them.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2            FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation

Re: Would like to write a backend for CanoScan 3000F

Cosmin Stroe

Ok,

I'm not familiar with the genesys driver, so I will have to read up on it.  It would be great if we could tweak the existing driver to support the CanoScan 3000F.

Cosmin.