Quantcast

Setting the save-to directory

MR ZenWiz
I noticed a while ago that when I want to save a scanned image, xsane
always goes to the "Recently Used" link, which it will not actually
allow but demands I select a destination directory.

This makes sense, but I can remember when this was not the case and it
would always remember where I last saved files and use that location
by default.

Is there some way to set a default destination directory, or am I
mandated (until further notice) to select at the time of saving?

I asked Oliver about this a few years back, and he said it had not
changed and must be a system setting, but this is the only app I have
that does this.

Any inputs welcome.

Thanks.
MR