[Scanbd] Set up for Canon PIXMA multifunction scanner - no button response
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
I've had a Canon MG8150 attached to my network for ages and decided to hook it up to my network box (Fedora 23), basically hoping to automatically save scans to my network drive when I press the scan button on the machine.
I followed various articles around the place to try and set this up but I seem to have failed. Here's a summary of where I'm up to - would love some help troubleshooting the problem:
- Have installed sane-backends-devel via dnf, and scanbd 1.4.4 from source (using default configure / gmake approach, no options).
- Copied the /etc/sane.d/* files to /usr/local/etc/scanbd/sane.d/
- added a symbolic link from /etc/scanbd to /usr/local/etc/scanbd just in case anything refers to that. I prefer working in usr to etc directly.
- Changed /etc/sane.d/saned.conf to only allow localhost
- Changed /usr/local/etc/scanbd/sane.d/saned.conf to allow all local network clients
- Changed /etc/sane.d/net.conf to have 2 lines, connect_timeout = 3 and localhost
- Changed /etc/sane.d/dll.conf to have only net
- Changed /etc/local/etc/scanbd/sane.d/dll.conf to comment out net, and remove the unnecessary references (just kept pixma)
- Saved scanbd_dbus to /etc/dbus-1/system.d/scandb_dbus.conf
- Create systemd files /usr/lib/systemd/system/scanbd.service and scanbm.socket. Only change is to add the revised sane.d config directory.
I dont know if there's anything interesting in all that. I couldn't find any errors. At the end of the log you can see that it just repeats a polling cycle, but the values for the buttons never change no matter how much I press them.
Has anyone got any thoughts on how I could get this working?