Quantcast

SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120

Nalin.x.Linux
Dear list,
   Recently my friend bought a Canon Scan Lide 120 Scanner. Unfortunately it seems to be not supported by SANE. So i would like to develop the driver for lide 120 scanner. Please let me know if the scanner is alrady supported or anyone currently developing the driver.  Further guidance expected.   Thanking you Nalin.

Re: SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120

Pavel Sayekat
Quoting "Dear list,

Hi, are you still there??? up to develop the driver???? please let me know...

Re: SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120

Nalin.x.Linux

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Pavel Sayekat <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quoting "Dear list,
   Recently my friend bought a Canon Scan Lide 120 Scanner. Unfortunately it
seems to be not supported by SANE. So i would like to develop the driver for
lide 120 scanner. Please let me know if the scanner is alrady supported or
anyone currently developing the driver.  Further guidance expected.
Thanking you Nalin."

Hi, are you still there??? up to develop the driver???? please let me
know...
Yes my last project is over.

So available.

--
Free Software Free Society

Re: SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120

Pavel Sayekat
Good to hear from you Nalin,

It seems like they tried to add support for Canon LiDE 120 but not working, as I skimmed through the code. I am not an expert, not even close. Anyway, I've compiled from the latest source but not much result. But now it wakes up, scans and produces a black sheet. I have some logs, if you r interested. Like to hear from you, take care.

On 02/09/2016 10:01 AM, Nalin.x.Linux wrote:

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Pavel Sayekat <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quoting "Dear list,
   Recently my friend bought a Canon Scan Lide 120 Scanner. Unfortunately it
seems to be not supported by SANE. So i would like to develop the driver for
lide 120 scanner. Please let me know if the scanner is alrady supported or
anyone currently developing the driver.  Further guidance expected.
Thanking you Nalin."

Hi, are you still there??? up to develop the driver???? please let me
know...
Yes my last project is over.

So available.

--
Free Software Free Society

Re: SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120

Pavel Sayekat
If I send you the USB dump file during scanning, can you do something what is called reverse engineering?

Re: SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120

stef-22
On 19/02/2016 21:07, Pavel Sayekat wrote:
> If I send you the USB dump file during scanning, can you do something what is
> called reverse engineering?

     Hello,

     thanks to an hardware donation from Luc Verhaegen, I have a LiDE
120 and I have started to work on it. So I don't need USB logs for this
model.

     I have created feature request #315312
(https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=315312&group_id=30186&atid=410369)
so anyone interested can be informed.

Regards,
     Stef

Hey Nalin,
Now its working, Thanks to Dear Stef.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Pavel Sayekat <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Nalin,
Now its working, Thanks to Dear Stef.

Glad to know that. Thanks a lot for doing this.  I think now my visually impaired friend can start reading books. Once again I am sorry for making this delay.

>>My friend, I am sorry! at present the scanner is not in my hand! Also I am busy with >>academia!!

Thanks to Dear Stef.
Thanking you once again Pavel.

--
Free Software Free Society