Re: sane-devel Digest, Vol 128, Issue 21

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sane-devel Digest, Vol 128, Issue 21

Pavel Sayekat
Hi,
I've noticed some modifications today so I compiled the latest source
from git and it scans distorted image of the originals in 300 dpi & >>
less & gscan2pdf gives the best result as pdf output.

regards
Pavel

On 24-02-16 অপরাহ্ন 06.00, [hidden email] wrote:

> Send sane-devel mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of sane-devel digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>     1. Re: Producing some results! (SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120)
>        (Pavel Sayekat)
>     2. Re: Producing some results! (SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120) (Stef)
>     3. Recent Linux USB issues with SANE (m. allan noah)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:37:38 -0700 (MST)
> From: Pavel Sayekat <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Producing some results! (SANE and Canon Scan
> Lide 120)
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Hey Boss ( Stef )
> (though I know he wouldn't hire me!),
> The scans now producing some distorted pic of the originals I think, you
> can check out the results
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxPYgHFVQ6LsZmhPdk1pMVdZNUk
>
> On 02/21/2016 08:38 PM, Pavel Sayekat wrote:
>> Thanks in advance, I wasn't really doing much about it like "doing it
>> all by myself", I was still waiting for someone (specially you) to do
>> it. So lets see & wish you luck.
>>
>> regards
>> Pavel
>>
>> On 02/21/2016 12:11 PM, stef-22 [via SANE] wrote:
>>> On 19/02/2016 21:07, Pavel Sayekat wrote:
>>>> If I send you the USB dump file during scanning, can you do
>>> something what is
>>>> called reverse engineering?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/SANE-and-Canon-Scan-Lide-120-tp19708p20640.html
>>>> Sent from the SANE - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>>
>>>       Hello,
>>>
>>>       thanks to an hardware donation from Luc Verhaegen, I have a LiDE
>>> 120 and I have started to work on it. So I don't need USB logs for this
>>> model.
>>>
>>>       I have created feature request #315312
>>> (https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=315312&group_id=30186&atid=410369)
>>>
>>> so anyone interested can be informed.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>       Stef
>>>
>>> --
>>> sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
>>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=20643&i=0>
>>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
>>> Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
>>>               to [hidden email]
>>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=20643&i=1>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
>>> discussion below:
>>> http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/SANE-and-Canon-Scan-Lide-120-tp19708p20643.html
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe from SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120, click here
>>> <
>>> NAML
>>> <
http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/Re-Producing-some-results-SANE-and-Canon-Scan-Lide-120-tp20651.html
> Sent from the SANE - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/attachments/20160223/df8a0069/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 21:46:36 +0100
> From: Stef <[hidden email]>
> To: Pavel Sayekat <[hidden email]>,
> [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Producing some results! (SANE and Canon Scan
> Lide 120)
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
>
> On 23/02/2016 16:37, Pavel Sayekat wrote:
>> Hey Boss ( Stef )
>> (though I know he wouldn't hire me!),
>> The scans now producing some distorted pic of the originals I think, you
>> can check out the results
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxPYgHFVQ6LsZmhPdk1pMVdZNUk
>>
>> On 02/21/2016 08:38 PM, Pavel Sayekat wrote:
>>> Thanks in advance, I wasn't really doing much about it like "doing it
>>> all by myself", I was still waiting for someone (specially you) to do
>>> it. So lets see & wish you luck.
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Pavel
>>>
>>> On 02/21/2016 12:11 PM, stef-22 [via SANE] wrote:
>>>> On 19/02/2016 21:07, Pavel Sayekat wrote:
>>>>> If I send you the USB dump file during scanning, can you do
>>>> something what is
>>>>> called reverse engineering?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> View this message in context:
>>>> http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/SANE-and-Canon-Scan-Lide-120-tp19708p20640.html
>>>>> Sent from the SANE - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>>>
>>>>        Hello,
>>>>
>>>>        thanks to an hardware donation from Luc Verhaegen, I have a LiDE
>>>> 120 and I have started to work on it. So I don't need USB logs for this
>>>> model.
>>>>
>>>>        I have created feature request #315312
>>>> (https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=315312&group_id=30186&atid=410369)
>>>>
>>>> so anyone interested can be informed.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>>        Stef
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
>>>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=20643&i=0>
>>>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
>>>> Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
>>>>                to [hidden email]
>>>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=20643&i=1>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
>>>> discussion below:
>>>> http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/SANE-and-Canon-Scan-Lide-120-tp19708p20643.html
>>>>
>>>> To unsubscribe from SANE and Canon Scan Lide 120, click here
>>>> <
>>>> NAML
>>>> <
http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>>>
>       Hello,
>
>        I have just pushed a version with 75 to 300 dpi scan mode working.
> See feature request.
>
> Regards,
>       Stef
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 21:32:26 -0500
> From: "m. allan noah" <[hidden email]>
> To: sane-devel <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [sane-devel] Recent Linux USB issues with SANE
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> All-
>
> I have just pushed commit 1207ce5a40664c04b934bd0a6babbc1575361356 to
> sane-backends git repo.
>
> This is a simplistic attempt to make our existing workaround for Linux
> USB problems into a user choice. The default for this setting is now
> off, unlike sane-backends 1.0.25, where the workaround was always
> enabled. By setting the new environment variable
> SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1, the existing workaround will be enabled. This
> does represent a change in behavior, but seems to be the proper
> default given increasing numbers of user reports of problems with
> recent Linux kernels.
>
> If you are currently having issues with sane-backends after a kernel
> or OS upgrade, please test this latest commit, and report your
> findings. If you are not having problems, we would still like to hear
> if this code works for you with the workaround not enabled. This will
> likely become the default for the next release, please help us verify
> its correctness.
>
> This patch should apply cleanly to 1.0.25, if distros want to try
> exposing this to their users.
>
> allan


--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]