Problems using Canon-supplied driver for imageFORMULA P-215 (canondr)

Problems using Canon-supplied driver for imageFORMULA P-215 (canondr)

ziggystar
Dear list,

Canon is supplying a sane-based driver for the mentioned scanner. The date on the website says July 2015. You can follow this link to the download page:

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/others/imageformula_p-215.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=LINUX

I had no luck installing the driver from *.deb, but I'm also running x64 and the page says 32-bit.

When following the instructions to compile from source I managed to get to the point where the driver was apparently registered with sane, but when selecting the Canon-Driver (canondr, in contrast to included canon_dr), `scangui` says: "Cannot open scanner device."

`scanimage` says: "scanimage: open of device canondr:libusb:001:005 failed: Error during device I/O"

Did anyone manage to get this driver working?

Regards, Thomas