Plustek OpticBook 3800

Dirk Stöcker
Hello,

I got a new PlusTek OpticBook 3800 and it does not work with SANE.

I use the most recent git version and tried

./scanimage -d genesys -v >filename

as  well as -T and -A and other options. The scanner turns light
off/on and moves a bit, but does not do anything afterwards until I break
the software with CTRL-C. Then it moves back.

Is there anything I can do to help fixing the driver code? I don't know
anything about SANE sources, but I'm a programmer myself, so I can help
fixing and debugging if the software actually would tell me anything which
it doesn't ATM.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: Plustek OpticBook 3800

Dirk Stöcker
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Dirk Stöcker wrote:

> I got a new PlusTek OpticBook 3800 and it does not work with SANE.
>
> I use the most recent git version and tried
>
> ./scanimage -d genesys -v >filename
>
> as  well as -T and -A and other options. The scanner turns light off/on and
> moves a bit, but does not do anything afterwards until I break the software
> with CTRL-C. Then it moves back.
>
> Is there anything I can do to help fixing the driver code? I don't know
> anything about SANE sources, but I'm a programmer myself, so I can help
> fixing and debugging if the software actually would tell me anything which it
> doesn't ATM.
The code endless-loops in genesys.c genesys_start_scan() when calling

   RIE (sanei_genesys_test_buffer_empty (dev, &empty))

As said - I have no idea how SANE works at all, so I need advice what to
do to help fixing suport for that scanner.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)