Plustek 3800

Pinkie C.T.B.
Dear SANE users,

My university recently bought me a Plustek 3800 scanner. The 3600 is
listed as being supported, but the 3800 is not. I hoped they'd be the
same, but I am having no luck with the 3800.

I installed SANE and my computer recognizes the scanner, but cannot talk
to it.

I attempted to get support in the forum here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/600138/how-do-i-make-my-new-plustek-opticbook-3800-work-sanely-on-14-04-lts/600144?noredirect=1#comment1044937_600144

And was directed to this mailing list. Can anyone help me? This is my
last tie to the dreaded Windows operating system, but without severing
it cleanly, I cannot do my job

Re: Plustek 3800

Nico Rikken
Hello Pinkie,

I bought a Plustek 3600 for this specific reason. I can remember having
read some issues in the archives of this maillinglist, or on some
forums. Hopefully you can find some information there. I recall it was
sort-of working, but not good enough for the code to get merged
somewhere.

I guess your best option is to buy a Plustek 3600 second-hand somewhere.

Please report your progress back to this mailinglist to help others
running into the same issue.

Regards,
Nico Rikken (NL)