Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus and weird page width

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus and weird page width

Tuukka Pasanen
Hi,
I am currently owning Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus (48-bit true color
scanner). It works mostly fine with gt68xx back-end but then
comes but.. Page length is correct (A4) but width is something like 10cm
or less. One can't even scan over that point.. Secondly page seems
to be somehow streched (BIG TIME) horizantly.  So summary page is
verticaly okay but horizatily not..
Is this just feature that i have to live on or is this somehow debugable??

thanks,
Tuukka

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus and stupid user

Tuukka Pasanen
Hi again,
I tested new gt68xx driver from homepage and it worked (time for new
sane-backend release?).
So Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus works fine with gt68xx 1.0-70
(2005-05-29).

Tuukka

> Hi,
> I am currently owning Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus (48-bit true
> color scanner). It works mostly fine with gt68xx back-end but then
> comes but.. Page length is correct (A4) but width is something like
> 10cm or less. One can't even scan over that point.. Secondly page seems
> to be somehow streched (BIG TIME) horizantly.  So summary page is
> verticaly okay but horizatily not..
> Is this just feature that i have to live on or is this somehow
> debugable??
>
> thanks,
> Tuukka
>


--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus and stupid user

Henning Meier-Geinitz
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 04:05:54PM +0300, Tuukka Pasanen wrote:
> Hi again,
> I tested new gt68xx driver from homepage and it worked (time for new
> sane-backend release?).

Once the the genesys backend is included it's indeed time for the next
sane-backends release.

> So Packard-Bell Diamond 1200 Plus works fine with gt68xx 1.0-70
> (2005-05-29).

Thanks for your report. Could you please send the output of
sane-find-scanner as there are two scanners with the same name and
they behave differently? Thanks.

Bye,
  Henning

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new backend release? -> GL841?

Werner Macho
hi
> Once the the genesys backend is included it's indeed time for the next
> sane-backends release.

will there also be support for the gl841 as used in some Canon LiDE
scanners?
As i do not programm i'm willing to do any support work i can do to make
this scanner work with sane (test scans, protocol sniffing e.g.)
I got a LiDE35 here. Running WindowsXP and gentoo .. so give me anything
i can do and i'll do it (except hardcore programming which i
unfortunately never learned... bnut if anyone is willing to teach me
some things i can do later on alone..)

greets

werner


--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new backend release? -> GL841?

Greg-7
Hi everyone,

I am new on to the list so please forgive me if I am not up to date on all the development.
I have looked through the archives a bit and read the docs. 

I used to use sane with my Umax scanner, however the durn thing does not like me
anymore and I think it will soon make it's way to the garbage. 

The new scanner LiDE500F does not seem to be supported with the currently
released backends.  From the docs I have read it appears the support for gl841
should be part of the genesys backend. 

Now my questions:
1. What is the current status of the driver?
2. Is anyone working on the 841 chipset support?
3. What is a good reference (besides the existing genesys source code) to help
    with the driver implementation?

Sincerely

Greg

Grzegorz V. Furmanek
e-mail   : greg(at)furmanek.net
web site : http://www.furmanek.net


Werner Macho wrote:
hi
  
Once the the genesys backend is included it's indeed time for the next
sane-backends release.
    

will there also be support for the gl841 as used in some Canon LiDE
scanners?
As i do not programm i'm willing to do any support work i can do to make
this scanner work with sane (test scans, protocol sniffing e.g.)
I got a LiDE35 here. Running WindowsXP and gentoo .. so give me anything
i can do and i'll do it (except hardcore programming which i
unfortunately never learned... bnut if anyone is willing to teach me
some things i can do later on alone..)

greets

werner