Many (if not all) Visioneer scanners are likely ot work with the Avision backend

Many (if not all) Visioneer scanners are likely ot work with the Avision backend

René Rebe
Hi all,

it came to my attention that many (if not most or all) Visioneer
(http://www.visioneer.com/) scanners are likely to be operational with the
Avisoin backend (http://www.exactcode.de/oss/avision/).

The most ovious thing that need to be tweaked will be the device ID - but I
doubt many other changes are neded.

Those scanners should also be a good alternative to original Avision scanners
in the US - since Avisoin is not really directly selling them there. But
those Visioneer should have a better availability.

Sincerely,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org

Re: Many (if not all) Visioneer scanners are likely ot work with the Avision backend

René Rebe
Hi,

On Friday 10 June 2005 13:25, René Rebe wrote:

> it came to my attention that many (if not most or all) Visioneer
> (http://www.visioneer.com/) scanners are likely to be operational with the
> Avisoin backend (http://www.exactcode.de/oss/avision/).
>
> The most ovious thing that need to be tweaked will be the device ID - but I
> doubt many other changes are neded.
>
> Those scanners should also be a good alternative to original Avision
> scanners in the US - since Avisoin is not really directly selling them
> there. But those Visioneer should have a better availability.
Oh - I just see they also have cheaper consumer scanners that are from other
manufactors ... I was talking about the pro devices such as:

Visioneer 9750 PDF
Visioneer Strobe XP 450 PDF
Visioneer 9650
Visioneer 9450 USB

If anyone has such a listed device please notify me to exchage the device IDs
and such ...

Yours,