I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

12

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Dear Gernot,

Let me utilise this situation for a general lesson I discovered within
myself by my personal quest.

I have seen a kind of arrogance in the coders. An arrogance given by
their being financed by their Universities' collection of donations
and knowing this faux-built market demand.

These are another organised money aggrandising organisations like
other similar organisations.

Breatheable air, drinking water and food are the greatest ones. Then
comes vocations and using our free time! But our individual and
collective egos twist this simple truth beyond recognition

The Renaissance had brought over a freedom from the Church, but
created other enslaving organisations. The atheists and agnostics who
used science dreamt to build a solid structure using Secularism.

But among them are those 'Follwers' who need another God(s). They
follow Universities, Governments, etc.

These groups are naturally arrogant, impolite and opportunistic. This
includes many coders.

Ignorance of History (because of the absence of a solid education, in
addition to having ('Merit:  scorecards and certificates based on
rote-learning) make these entities, and they form ghettoes - to
control knowledge from spreading to everywhere. Ignorants are the ones
who pay money, attention, time, etc., to learn syllabused nonsense.

These university scholars pretend to read and know much but know very
little. The degrees provide them with a tool to bully the differently
interested ones.

The truth is that man has been built by evolution to learn by
experiencing. Reading is a very poor cousin of observation.

Only the un-empowered minds read so much and understand so little.

I had posted all the information I had, on the forum for particularly
you guys, who direct people to read everything. You have forgotten
that you had learnt, even reading, clinging on to your parents.

You did not even bother to read the subject of my thread!

You are all bad parents, you dictate when we want to treat you as parents.

But I don't deny you the credit of compassion you still possess.

But you should learn to take the responsibility of parenting the
differently interested ones. That will make you great! And you shall
love this greatness. Remember that we are social entities because of
which we are taken for a ride. Like the petty Europeans exploited the
whole world, because the greatest ones were few in numbers. It is
still the same.

I hope I have been able to express myself without causing you hurt. I
apologise if you are hurt. But remember this important lesson.

Love,
Rajib

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug
Hello Rajib,
This is not a personal email exchange, but a mailing list run by an
open source project of volunteers.
The wording of your subject is not good enough to make it mean what
you want it to, in comparison to the usual interpretation that would
be given to it by readers of this ML.
My suggestion is:
(1) test the SANE backend with your scanner, and report back, so that
volunteer coders may correct it as they see fit. This would benefit
the SANE project.
(2) if your goal is to play with your own home-grown driver, then this
is unlikely to benefit the SANE project, but you may read the archives
and learn how to integrate a new backend (and how to disable the use
of an existing backend that already does this work). Doing this would
be educational for you I am sure.

Regads,
Gernot Hassenpflug

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Dear posters, please ignore my conversations with Gernot after my
following post> I was made aware that the ./configure code will be

   ./configure BACKENDS="canon" PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="canon" to preload

Informed by Gernot.

I will post my experiences with this line later

Good day!
 :
Exiting with error:
make  all-am
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/knoppix/.local/share/Trash/files/sane-backends-git20160210/backend'
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent  --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -g -O2
-std=c99 -Wall -Wextra -pedantic -Wl,-z,defs -rpath
'/usr/local/lib/sane' -version-number 1:0:26 -module  -o
libsane-canon.la  libsane_canon_la-canon-s.lo ../lib/liblib.la
libcanon.la ../sanei/sanei_init_debug.lo
../sanei/sanei_constrain_value.lo ../sanei/sanei_config.lo
../sanei/sanei_config2.lo sane_strstatus.lo ../sanei/sanei_scsi.lo -lm
libtool: link: `libsane_canon_la-canon-s.lo' is not a valid libtool object
make[2]: *** [libsane-canon.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/knoppix/.local/share/Trash/files/sane-backends-git20160210/backend'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/knoppix/.local/share/Trash/files/sane-backends

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi Rajib,

Your scanner belongs to the pixma backend!

If you want to compile only the Pixma backend, you need to use this command:
$ ./configure BACKENDS="pixma"

You don't need to set an option for PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS for compiling
Sane in Linux. Please ask the mailing list again for detailed
information about this option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf

Am 11.02.2016 um 07:17 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:
> Please note that I used:
>
>   ./configure BACKENDS="canon" PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="canon" to preload
> backend for canon.
> Yet in output : I don't see preloadable backend.
>
> What is the logic behind this?

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Yeah. I am sorry for the mistake of copy-paste :-)  Gernot told me 'Pixma"

Please remove that wrong code.

Regards

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Sir,

I am using the code:
 ./configure BACKENDS=pixma  PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="pixma"

But why isn't the preload backend is being built?

Want to learn from this issue, Sir!

Regards,
Rajib

-> The following backends will be built:
pixma

-> The following preload backends will be built:

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
I found the following outputs: Everything seems okay except the last output.
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage -v
scanimage: output is not a file, exiting
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.26git; backend version 1.0.26
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage -L
device `pixma:04A9178A_55CF3E' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MG3600 Series
multi-function peripheral
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage
scanimage: output is not a file, exiting

But I am able to scan at all resolutrions and at all brightness and
contrast settings via xsane.

So I need to mark this driver as checked successful.

You change your Sane page for this printer.

Love you, Sir!

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi Rajib,

The users knoppix and saned are members of the group scanner.

(1) knoopix: It's you, the logged in user.
(2) saned: It's an optional Sane daemon, which can be used from other
programs, e.g. scanbd (https://sourceforge.net/projects/scanbd/).

To use scanbd your scanner must support push button scan. Please read
your scanner's manual if it does.

Cheers,
Rolf

Am 11.02.2016 um 11:03 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:

> Sir,
> My terminal shows: knoppix@Microknoppix:~$
>
> But the code :
> $ cat /etc/group | grep scanner
>
> Shows:
> scanner:x:113:saned,knoppix
>
> Why so, Sir?
>
> Regards

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi Rajib,

I just updated the scanner's status in the doc files.

You can see the recent status here:
http://sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-PIXMA .

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Rolf

Am 11.02.2016 um 11:17 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:

> I found the following outputs: Everything seems okay except the last output.
> knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage -v
> scanimage: output is not a file, exiting
> knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage -V
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.26git; backend version 1.0.26
> knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage -L
> device `pixma:04A9178A_55CF3E' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MG3600 Series
> multi-function peripheral
> knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ scanimage
> scanimage: output is not a file, exiting
>
> But I am able to scan at all resolutrions and at all brightness and
> contrast settings via xsane.
>
> So I need to mark this driver as checked successful.
>
> You change your Sane page for this printer.
>
> Love you, Sir!

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi List,

Who has an answer?

Cheers,
Rolf

On 11/02/2016, Rolf Bensch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rajib,
>
> I just updated the scanner's status in the doc files.
>
> You can see the recent status here:
> http://sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-PIXMA .
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers,
> Rolf

Sir,
Regarding :
http://sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-PIXMA
the scanner scans at 1200 but not perfectly!
We will have to work further. If needed, I would be ready to send one
scanned portion of an image for your kind perusal.
Please advice.
Regards
Rajib

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Olaf Meeuwissen-4
Hi Rolf, Rajib,

Rolf Bensch writes:

> Hi List,
>
> Who has an answer?

The configure.in file has but you need to dig in a bit.  Given Rajib's
configure command, the --enable-preload options defaults to "auto".  In
that case, preloading is only enabled when you disable dynamic loading
or disabled shared libraries.  The default is to build shared libraries
*and* enable dynamic loading so preloading will not be enabled.

Just run ./configure with the --enable-preload option if that's what you
really want.

> Cheers,
> Rolf
>
> Am 11.02.2016 um 10:45 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:
>> Sir,
>>
>> I am using the code:
>>  ./configure BACKENDS=pixma  PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="pixma"
>>
>> But why isn't the preload backend is being built?
>>
>> Want to learn from this issue, Sir!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rajib
>>

>> -> The following backends will be built:
>> pixma
>>
>> -> The following preload backends will be built:

>> * Please be sure to read file PROBLEMS in this directory       *
>> * BEFORE running any of the SANE applications.  Some devices   *
>> * may be damaged by improper operation, so please do heed this *
>> * advice.                                                      *

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2            FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
 GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13  F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
ok, I will try with the advice. Thanks!

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Sir,

For adding or removing lines you need not send me patch files. I will
do them myself.

Such actions will take some of your precious time.

When I request you that I can't execute the advice given then you
could send me the patch.

Actually, I delayed for want of time. I am sorry, I should have
informed you about my position!

I assure you: from the next time this error from my end won't recurr!

Regards.

On 17/02/2016, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sir, the scan hasn't changed. Here are the pictures. I will await your
> advice.

I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer (WIFI)

Javier Altamirano Poveda
Hi all,
Recently I acquired a Canon PIXMA MG3650. I've seen Sane-project is looking for testers for this model. I can dedicate some time to this issue. I'm not sure this is the correct way to begin the testing process. If not please advise.

Environment:

  • Ubuntu 15.10 64bits (Kernel 4.2.0-27-generic) (Gnome 3.16.2 (Ubuntu 2015-09-15))
  • Xsane 0.998
  • Original Canon drivers: cnijfilter2-5.20-1-deb (printer) and scangearmp2-3.20-1-deb (scanner)
Tests done:
  • Print function works fine.
  • Scanner function only works if I use scangearmp2 program.
Other information
  • Device not found when I execute Xsane
  • scanimage -V result: scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.26git; backend version 1.0.25
  • I export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4 and execute Xsane, results are:
    • [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of pixma to 4.
      [pixma] pixma is compiled with pthread support.
      [pixma] pixma version 0.17.18
      [pixma] pixma_find_scanners() found 0 devices

Best regards
Javier

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer (WIFI)

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi Javier,

Your scanner is supported by the Sane Development (git) Version (http://sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-PIXMA).

Everything is working fine, instead of 1200 dpi scans.

Please install Sane from git as described in chapter "Step by step install on Linux 2.6.* and 3.*" from README.linux (http://sane-project.org/docs.html) and test attached patch *after* your scanner is working.

Please report your results.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Rolf

pixma_mp150.c.patch1 (491 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer (WIFI)

Javier Altamirano Poveda
Hi Rolf,

Thanks!!

I will install, try and report results this weekend.

Regards

Javier

El 24/02/16 a las 20:11, Rolf Bensch escribió:
[...]

I've
install Sane from git as described in chapter "Step by step install on Linux 2.6.* and 3.* as you recommended and my scanner CANON PIXMA MG3650 started working. Thanks!!.

Now, I want to install and test attached patch but I don't know how to install it. Could you help me, please?

Cheers,

[...]

Un cordial saludo,

Javier Altamirano Poveda
Colaborador Independiente

Móvil : +34 667 70 33 95
Skype: javier.altamirano.poveda

El nuevo código penal sobre software ilegal entra en vigor el 1 de julio 2015

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer (WIFI)

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi Javier,

Sorry for the late response.

You can install the patch file as follows:

(1) save the file into the folder <sane sources>/backend/
(2) open a terminal window
(3) $ cd <sane sources>
     please replace <sane sources> by the folder name of your sane sources
(4) $ cd backend
(5) $ patch pixma_mp150.c pixma_mp150.c.patch1
     maybe you need to install the package 'patch' if your system won't find the program
(6) $ cd ..
(7) $ make && sudo make install

Now your scanner should create proper 1200 dpi scans. Please report your results.

Cheers,
Rolf