Quantcast

I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
39 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Dear Sirs,

I have always had a problem with xsane. The only time I had seen xsane
work was with HP multi-functional scanner printer.

I can volunteer to test the xscane backend for my printer. Information
collected from:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html

Tell me how to go about it.

Regards,
Rajib
Mysore

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi Rajib,

First please check the used Sane version on the command line (in a
terminal window):
$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.26git; backend version 1.0.26

The shown versions must be minimum 1.0.25. Otherwise you must install
Sane from git as described in README.linux:
http://www.sane-project.org/docs.html , chapter "Step by step install on
Linux 2.6.* and 3.*".

If you have a suitable Sane version, you can start scanning via the USB
interface with a frontend of your choice: scanimage, xsane, ... Please
disable all Ethernet and WiFi connections to your printer/scanner device!!!

To get some debug information, please enable this on the command line with:
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4

You may read the man page ($ man sane-pixma) for details.

Please also start a gui frontend from the command line (the same
terminal window), e.g. xsane:
$ xsane

Then you'll see the debug output in the terminal window beside the xsane
windows.

Your scanner should scan pages up to 600dpi out of the box. What's about
scanning @ 1200dpi? You may see your image double beside each other.

Please report your results.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Rolf


Am 23.01.2016 um 17:00 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have always had a problem with xsane. The only time I had seen xsane
> work was with HP multi-functional scanner printer.
>
> I can volunteer to test the xscane backend for my printer. Information
> collected from:
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html
>
> Tell me how to go about it.
>
> Regards,
> Rajib
> Mysore
>
>



--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Hello, Sir!
Hope you won't be irritated of my naivety.

knoppix@Microknoppix$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.22; backend version 1.0.22

Then I did the following after downloading sane-backend from:
knoppix@Microknoppix$ git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git

Then I did:
knoppix@Microknoppix$ whereis scanimage
scanimage: /usr/bin/scanimage /usr/bin/X11/scanimage
/usr/local/bin/scanimage /usr/share/man/man1/scanimage.1.gz

Then I went inside of the downloaded sane-backend directory and did:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads/sane-backends$ make && sudo make install
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I repeated and found the same result even in su.

Although there are makefile.in and makefile.am.

What do I need to do?

I hope I am not irritating you.

Regards,
Rajib




On 08/02/2016, Rolf Bensch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rajib,
>
> First please check the used Sane version on the command line (in a
> terminal window):
> $ scanimage -V
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.26git; backend version 1.0.26
>
> The shown versions must be minimum 1.0.25. Otherwise you must install
> Sane from git as described in README.linux:
> http://www.sane-project.org/docs.html , chapter "Step by step install on
> Linux 2.6.* and 3.*".
>
> If you have a suitable Sane version, you can start scanning via the USB
> interface with a frontend of your choice: scanimage, xsane, ... Please
> disable all Ethernet and WiFi connections to your printer/scanner device!!!
>
> To get some debug information, please enable this on the command line with:
> $ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4
>
> You may read the man page ($ man sane-pixma) for details.
>
> Please also start a gui frontend from the command line (the same
> terminal window), e.g. xsane:
> $ xsane
>
> Then you'll see the debug output in the terminal window beside the xsane
> windows.
>
> Your scanner should scan pages up to 600dpi out of the box. What's about
> scanning @ 1200dpi? You may see your image double beside each other.
>
> Please report your results.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers,
> Rolf
>
>
> Am 23.01.2016 um 17:00 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:
>> Dear Sirs,
>>
>> I have always had a problem with xsane. The only time I had seen xsane
>> work was with HP multi-functional scanner printer.
>>
>> I can volunteer to test the xscane backend for my printer. Information
>> collected from:
>> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html
>>
>> Tell me how to go about it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rajib
>> Mysore
>>
>>
>
>
>

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
according to direction in the file, I went to and downloaded the two
files from http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/

sane-backends-git20160210.tar.gz sane-frontends-git20160210.tar.gz
I unZipped the files to two separate folders and tried to run:
/.configure
make && sudo make install

These don't work. The frontend says about gtk:
#################################################
##########    Frontend      ##########################
#################################################
    ...
    checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
    *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is
incorrectly installed.
    configure: WARNING: *** GIMP 2.0 plugin requested, but GTK+ 2.0
not found, falling back to GIMP/GTK+ < 2.0 if possible ***
    checking for gtk-config... no
    checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.13... no
    *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
    *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
    *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
    *** full path to gtk-config.
    checking for gimp-config... no
    checking for gimptool... no
    checking libgimp/gimp.h usability... no
    checking libgimp/gimp.h presence... no
    checking for libgimp/gimp.h... no
    checking libgimp/gimpfeatures.h usability... no
    checking libgimp/gimpfeatures.h presence... no
    checking for libgimp/gimpfeatures.h... no
    no
    *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why...
    ****************************************************************
    WARNING: GTK-0.99.13 or newer is needed for compiling the GUI
    frontends. If you installed gtk as rpm make sure
    you also installed gtk-devel.
    ===> GUIs will be deactivated
    ****************************************************************

    You may need to remove /dev/null before you run configure again.

    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: WARNING: 'Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
    config.status: creating lib/Makefile
    config.status: WARNING: 'lib/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
    config.status: creating src/Makefile
    config.status: WARNING: 'src/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
    config.status: creating sanei/Makefile
    config.status: WARNING: 'sanei/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
    config.status: creating doc/Makefile
    config.status: WARNING: 'doc/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
    config.status: creating include/Makefile
    config.status: WARNING: 'include/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
    config.status: creating include/sane/config.h
    config.status: include/sane/config.h is unchanged
    ****************************************************************
    * *
    * SANE-FRONTENDS configure status: *
    * -------------------------------- *
    * * GTK not found: GUIs deactivated *
    * *
    ****************************************************************
    * *
    * To compile SANE-FRONTENDS: *
    * -------------------------- *
    * make *
    * make install *
    * *
    * ------------------------------------------------------------ *
    * ... PLEASE READ SANE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE STARTING SANE ... *
    * ------------------------------------------------------------ *
    * *
    * If you experience any problems with sane-frontends please *
    * write to the sane list at [hidden email] *
    * *
    ****************************************************************

I do indeed have libgtk of version 3.4.2-7 in my system.
#####################################################
###############Backend###############################
#####################################################

Then I tried to install sane-backends.
There, with ./configure I find:
Avahi support: no
SNMP support:  no
-> The following backends will be built:
abaton agfafocus apple artec artec_eplus48u as6e avision bh canon
canon630u canon_dr cardscan coolscan coolscan2 coolscan3 dc25 dmc
epjitsu epson epson2 fujitsu genesys gt68xx hp hp3500 hp3900 hp4200
hp5400 hp5590 hpljm1005 hs2p ibm kodak kodakaio kvs1025 kvs20xx
kvs40xx leo lexmark ma1509 magicolor matsushita microtek microtek2
mustek mustek_usb mustek_usb2 nec net niash pie pieusb pixma plustek
plustek_pp qcam ricoh rts8891 s9036 sceptre sharp sm3600 sm3840
snapscan sp15c st400 stv680 tamarack teco1 teco2 teco3 test u12 umax
umax_pp umax1220u xerox_mfp p5

-> The following preload backends will be built:

****************************************************************

No preload backends were named.
Are the two, avahi and snmp, mandatory?


Regards,
Rajib

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]

dot_slash_configure backend.txt (49K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch-2
In reply to this post by Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Hi Rajib,

Please follow *all* installation steps described in chapter "Step by
step install on Linux 2.6.* and 3.*" in the file README.linux.

Cheers,
Rolf


Am 10.02.2016 um 06:46 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:

> Hello, Sir!
> Hope you won't be irritated of my naivety.
>
> knoppix@Microknoppix$ scanimage -V
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.22; backend version 1.0.22
>
> Then I did the following after downloading sane-backend from:
> knoppix@Microknoppix$ git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
>
> Then I did:
> knoppix@Microknoppix$ whereis scanimage
> scanimage: /usr/bin/scanimage /usr/bin/X11/scanimage
> /usr/local/bin/scanimage /usr/share/man/man1/scanimage.1.gz
>
> Then I went inside of the downloaded sane-backend directory and did:
> knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads/sane-backends$ make && sudo make install
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>
> I repeated and found the same result even in su.
>
> Although there are makefile.in and makefile.am.
>
> What do I need to do?
>
> I hope I am not irritating you.
>
> Regards,
> Rajib
>
>
>
>
> On 08/02/2016, Rolf Bensch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Rajib,
>>
>> First please check the used Sane version on the command line (in a
>> terminal window):
>> $ scanimage -V
>> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.26git; backend version 1.0.26
>>
>> The shown versions must be minimum 1.0.25. Otherwise you must install
>> Sane from git as described in README.linux:
>> http://www.sane-project.org/docs.html , chapter "Step by step install on
>> Linux 2.6.* and 3.*".
>>
>> If you have a suitable Sane version, you can start scanning via the USB
>> interface with a frontend of your choice: scanimage, xsane, ... Please
>> disable all Ethernet and WiFi connections to your printer/scanner device!!!
>>
>> To get some debug information, please enable this on the command line with:
>> $ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4
>>
>> You may read the man page ($ man sane-pixma) for details.
>>
>> Please also start a gui frontend from the command line (the same
>> terminal window), e.g. xsane:
>> $ xsane
>>
>> Then you'll see the debug output in the terminal window beside the xsane
>> windows.
>>
>> Your scanner should scan pages up to 600dpi out of the box. What's about
>> scanning @ 1200dpi? You may see your image double beside each other.
>>
>> Please report your results.
>>
>> Many thanks for your help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rolf
>>
>>
>> Am 23.01.2016 um 17:00 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:
>>> Dear Sirs,
>>>
>>> I have always had a problem with xsane. The only time I had seen xsane
>>> work was with HP multi-functional scanner printer.
>>>
>>> I can volunteer to test the xscane backend for my printer. Information
>>> collected from:
>>> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html
>>>
>>> Tell me how to go about it.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Rajib
>>> Mysore
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rolf Bensch-2
In reply to this post by Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Hi Rajib,

You don't need to install Sane frontends. You can use scanimage from the
backends installation or any other frontend, e.g. xsane.

Cheers,
Rolf


Am 10.02.2016 um 09:06 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:

> according to direction in the file, I went to and downloaded the two
> files from http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/
>
> sane-backends-git20160210.tar.gz sane-frontends-git20160210.tar.gz
> I unZipped the files to two separate folders and tried to run:
> /.configure
> make && sudo make install
>
> These don't work. The frontend says about gtk:
> #################################################
> ##########    Frontend      ##########################
> #################################################
>     ...
>     checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
>     *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
>     *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
> config.log for the
>     *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is
> incorrectly installed.
>     configure: WARNING: *** GIMP 2.0 plugin requested, but GTK+ 2.0
> not found, falling back to GIMP/GTK+ < 2.0 if possible ***
>     checking for gtk-config... no
>     checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.13... no
>     *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
>     *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
>     *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
>     *** full path to gtk-config.
>     checking for gimp-config... no
>     checking for gimptool... no
>     checking libgimp/gimp.h usability... no
>     checking libgimp/gimp.h presence... no
>     checking for libgimp/gimp.h... no
>     checking libgimp/gimpfeatures.h usability... no
>     checking libgimp/gimpfeatures.h presence... no
>     checking for libgimp/gimpfeatures.h... no
>     no
>     *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why...
>     ****************************************************************
>     WARNING: GTK-0.99.13 or newer is needed for compiling the GUI
>     frontends. If you installed gtk as rpm make sure
>     you also installed gtk-devel.
>     ===> GUIs will be deactivated
>     ****************************************************************
>
>     You may need to remove /dev/null before you run configure again.
>
>     configure: creating ./config.status
>     config.status: creating Makefile
>     config.status: WARNING: 'Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting
>     config.status: creating lib/Makefile
>     config.status: WARNING: 'lib/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting
>     config.status: creating src/Makefile
>     config.status: WARNING: 'src/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting
>     config.status: creating sanei/Makefile
>     config.status: WARNING: 'sanei/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting
>     config.status: creating doc/Makefile
>     config.status: WARNING: 'doc/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting
>     config.status: creating include/Makefile
>     config.status: WARNING: 'include/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting
>     config.status: creating include/sane/config.h
>     config.status: include/sane/config.h is unchanged
>     ****************************************************************
>     * *
>     * SANE-FRONTENDS configure status: *
>     * -------------------------------- *
>     * * GTK not found: GUIs deactivated *
>     * *
>     ****************************************************************
>     * *
>     * To compile SANE-FRONTENDS: *
>     * -------------------------- *
>     * make *
>     * make install *
>     * *
>     * ------------------------------------------------------------ *
>     * ... PLEASE READ SANE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE STARTING SANE ... *
>     * ------------------------------------------------------------ *
>     * *
>     * If you experience any problems with sane-frontends please *
>     * write to the sane list at [hidden email] *
>     * *
>     ****************************************************************
>
> I do indeed have libgtk of version 3.4.2-7 in my system.
> #####################################################
> ###############Backend###############################
> #####################################################
>
> Then I tried to install sane-backends.
> There, with ./configure I find:
> Avahi support: no
> SNMP support:  no
> -> The following backends will be built:
> abaton agfafocus apple artec artec_eplus48u as6e avision bh canon
> canon630u canon_dr cardscan coolscan coolscan2 coolscan3 dc25 dmc
> epjitsu epson epson2 fujitsu genesys gt68xx hp hp3500 hp3900 hp4200
> hp5400 hp5590 hpljm1005 hs2p ibm kodak kodakaio kvs1025 kvs20xx
> kvs40xx leo lexmark ma1509 magicolor matsushita microtek microtek2
> mustek mustek_usb mustek_usb2 nec net niash pie pieusb pixma plustek
> plustek_pp qcam ricoh rts8891 s9036 sceptre sharp sm3600 sm3840
> snapscan sp15c st400 stv680 tamarack teco1 teco2 teco3 test u12 umax
> umax_pp umax1220u xerox_mfp p5
>
> -> The following preload backends will be built:
>
> ****************************************************************
>
> No preload backends were named.
> Are the two, avahi and snmp, mandatory?
>
>
> Regards,
> Rajib
>

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Thank you, Sir, for advice against Frontends.

For your earlier email, please don't underestimate my intent, Sir!

I have only left out SCSI. I couldn't go past the Frontend installation.

Now I will try the backend and proceed from there.

Thank you, Sir!

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
In reply to this post by Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
It was so dumb of me not to notice ! When I scanned the folder I was
laughing crazily as I found that the file Makefile was not executable!
~(-D  ~(-D  ~(-D


---------- Regarding my message on inability to run make && make
install ----------
From: Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:16:35 +0530
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] I want to test the Sane backend for Canon
Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have


Then I went inside of the downloaded sane-backend directory and did:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~/Downloads/sane-backends$ make && sudo make install
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I repeated and found the same result even in su.

Although there are makefile.in and makefile.am.

What do I need to do?

I hope I am not irritating you.

Regards,
Rajib

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Another input, Sir!

Kindly inform the programmers that the Makefile makes installation
files for all Printers of the Universe.


Kindly advise them to make them printer specific.

The general Makefile eats a lot of CPU cycles and wastes awful lot of
time. I would have done it myself had I looked into the file earlier!

Just to search for the Printer string and remove everything else in the lines:
BACKENDS
BACKEND_CONFS_ENABLED
BACKEND_LIBS_ENABLED

Please have this input included in the README.linux file.

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Another input, Sir!
>
> Kindly inform the programmers that the Makefile makes installation
> files for all Printers of the Universe.

SANE is a scanner project, not a printer project (that would be
gutenprint or some other project).
/../
If you read the instructions, you will see that using configure with
BACKENDS=<list of backends to build> will create backends just for the
listed backends.
This might be useful to put in the readme, but people should also read
the general manual pages, the readme is not a substitute for them.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Sorry, Gernot! The word would be 'Scanner'.

I hope you remember me from the Umax Astra project in Debian :-)
Although it is natural not to ;-)

Yes, I have read the README file inside and found the place you mentioned:

./configure BACKENDS="epson2 fujitsu"
./configure BACKENDS="epson2 futjisu" PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="epson2"

Thank you!

I am relieved now that you are here!

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Please note that I used:

  ./configure BACKENDS="canon" PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="canon" to preload
backend for canon.
Yet in output : I don't see preloadable backend.

What is the logic behind this?

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Exiting with error:
...
make  all-am
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/knoppix/.local/share/Trash/files/sane-backends-git20160210/backend'
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent  --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -g -O2
-std=c99 -Wall -Wextra -pedantic -Wl,-z,defs -rpath
'/usr/local/lib/sane' -version-number 1:0:26 -module  -o
libsane-canon.la  libsane_canon_la-canon-s.lo ../lib/liblib.la
libcanon.la ../sanei/sanei_init_debug.lo
../sanei/sanei_constrain_value.lo ../sanei/sanei_config.lo
../sanei/sanei_config2.lo sane_strstatus.lo ../sanei/sanei_scsi.lo -lm
libtool: link: `libsane_canon_la-canon-s.lo' is not a valid libtool object
make[2]: *** [libsane-canon.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/knoppix/.local/share/Trash/files/sane-backends-git20160210/backend'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/knoppix/.local/share/Trash/files/sane-backends

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug
In reply to this post by Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please note that I used:
>
>   ./configure BACKENDS="canon" PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="canon" to preload
> backend for canon.
> Yet in output : I don't see preloadable backend.
>
> What is the logic behind this?

Hello,
Are you really reading any of the documentation? This is not IRC, so
you can't expect a loose conversation.
There is no such backend. Please read the documentation and the README
files to find out what you need to compile.

Gernot Hassenpflug

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Hi!

Please read my first post on this thread.

I have read the README.

What is this word 'documentation'?

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Please read my first post on this thread.
>
> I have read the README.
>
> What is this word 'documentation'?

Documentation usually entails the manual pages and other files like
the readme (there are news, install, changelog, release information
and other files in most software).
I would start by reading the manual pages for the sane project and the
various backends.
Try "man sane" and read to the end, there in the "See Also" section
you will find more man pages. Some URLs are also in there for
reference.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
Dear Gernot,

My Sane man page will be read when it is ready to be used.

So it is not imperative for me to read it now.

The first post has the information about MFD that I wish to install,
i.e., Canon MG3670 , i.e., Canon MG3600 series.

Pleae check the link:
http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-pixma.5.html
and Ctrl+F+ MG3600 to find my MFD.

Natually, my entry will be predicted to be :

  ./configure BACKENDS="canon" PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="canon"

Then what is more to be read?

Regards,
Rajib

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Gernot,
>
> My Sane man page will be read when it is ready to be used.
>
> So it is not imperative for me to read it now.
>
> The first post has the information about MFD that I wish to install,
> i.e., Canon MG3670 , i.e., Canon MG3600 series.
>
> Pleae check the link:
> http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-pixma.5.html
> and Ctrl+F+ MG3600 to find my MFD.
>
> Natually, my entry will be predicted to be :
>
>   ./configure BACKENDS="canon" PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="canon"
>
> Then what is more to be read?

If you read the man pages you would know that canon is not the right backend.

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Rajib & Susmita Bandopadhyay
That is why I am voluntarily participating to make the driver of my
printer approved by sane-devel. The driver of my scanner now exists,
but is not yet tested.

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> That is why I am voluntarily participating to make the driver of my
> printer approved by sane-devel. The driver of my scanner now exists,
> but is not yet tested.

My apologies, from your messages it was not clear to me that you had
written a driver.
In that case, what you want to do is integrate your driver in SANE backends?
However, there is already a driver for this scanner family (MG3600),
so how about if you test that instead first?
It is the pixma backend, so you can just compile that backend, and
test, reporting how especially the high-resolution scans work (above
600 dpi, do you get proper image, or if not, how it looks).
Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug

--
sane-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
             to [hidden email]
12
Loading...