How to interpret mode and depth

Mohit kumar-5
Hi All,

I am working with a HP ScanJet 6200C/6250C. When I am reading the
options I get two options named:

mode and depth.

Their values:
Mode -> Color GrayScale Half-tone Lineart
Depth 1

Does this mean the scanner transmits everything in 1 bit??? And if
not, then what does the depth option mean?

Is there any site which tells me the options for the scanners and
their meanings?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciable.

Thanks,
Mohit

Re: How to interpret mode and depth

Oliver Rauch
Hello Mohit,

you find the answer in the descriptons in
sane/sane-backends/include/sane/saneopts.h:

SANE_DESC_BIT_DEPTH:

"Number of bits per sample, typical values are 1 for line-art and 8 for
multibit scans.

8 bits per sample for RGB => 24 bits / pixel

Best regards
Oliver