Quantcast

How to get several scan-pages into _one_ file

How to get several scan-pages into _one_ file

Julien Michielsen
A club I am a member of wants to scan it's entire archive, and make a
digital archive of its entire history. I promised I'd help, and started
the scanning work. However, I'd like to combine a number of scans in
_one_ file. In that way I could organize a year in twelve blocks: one
for each month, rather than having hundreds of files per year, and
dozens of file per month. At present I only suceed doing this under Win
XP, but I dislike falling back to MS Win for this task. Could I do this
under Linux?
Thanks
--
Julien Michielsen

             to  [hidden email]

Re: How to get several scan-pages into _one_ file

Giuseppe Sacco
Hi Julien,

Il giorno lun, 02/04/2007 alle 14.06 +0200, Julien Michielsen ha
scritto:
> A club I am a member of wants to scan it's entire archive, and make a
> digital archive of its entire history. I promised I'd help, and started
> the scanning work. However, I'd like to combine a number of scans in
> _one_ file. In that way I could organize a year in twelve blocks: one
[...]

If you save all images in a single TIFF, then you may use command
"tiffcp" in order to create a single multipage tiff file.

Bye,
Giuseppe

             to  [hidden email]

Re: How to get several scan-pages into _one_ file

m. allan noah-3
ok guys- wrong mailing list. sane-standard is for a much more specific purpose.

please use sane-devel for this. in fact, try searching the sane-devel
archives, this question comes up periodically.

             to  [hidden email]