[Fwd: Re: Re: Genesys experimental status update]

[Fwd: Re: Re: Genesys experimental status update]

Jens Luedicke

this should have been sent to the list directly

Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: Genesys experimental status update]

Henning Meier-Geinitz
Hi,

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 05:13:30PM +0200, Jens Luedicke wrote:
> After some reading in the mailing list archives, I found out a lot of
> people started trying to get this backend work, but why didn't anyone
> succeed yet? Is it because they underestimated the difficulties and gave
> in?  Or just a lack of time?

For me it was lack of time. I think I put approx 200 working hours in this
backend before I gave up. That chipset needs rather low level
programming which is time-consuming.

> Have they left a "report" about their experiences? What did they try,
> where did they get stuck? Maybe they couldn't write any code, but maybe
> they found something out about how the scanner works? Where did they
> find information?

My work resulted in the backend that was committed to CVS. Status was
given on the Genesys Backend Homepage (but has been removed as it is
no longer current).

Bye,
  Henning