Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

Adam32
I have the Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 overhead scanner.  It is a great scanner with real quality hardware.  It is great for scanning books up to A3 size.  The scanner works great under windows but I have been unable to get this working under Linux.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get this working under linux

Re: Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

m. allan noah-3
Can you get a log of the scanner making a low resolution scan in
Windows, using this tool: http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/
(preferred) or Wireshark?

With that, we can see how similar it is to other Fujitsu machines. I
would expect that most of the features listed on Fujitsu's site for
this machine are actually implemented in software, and would be hard
to replicate. Hopefully, basic scanning functionality will be somewhat
easier.

allan

On 7/5/14, Adam32 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have the Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 overhead scanner.  It is a great scanner
> with real quality hardware.  It is great for scanning books up to A3 size.
> The scanner works great under windows but I have been unable to get this
> working under Linux.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to get this working under linux

>              to [hidden email]

Re: Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

Adam32
I have have used USBsnoop on windows XP to get a log and have uploaded the log files.  The first link is around 1.6 mb and just involves me powering up the scanner and initiating communication between the scanner and computer.  The second link involves me doing a scan, but the file in the second link is very large - around 128MB Zipped.

1) http://rg.to/file/b14eca6821873b6c6bc6e3aae3205ba0/UsbSnoop.log.html
2)http://rg.to/file/5cf0a29b25e0e5f0d4d55396e6a3485f/UsbSnoop.zip.html

Re: Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

Adam32
Hi allan

I am sorry you were unable to download from the links.  As such I have also
uploaded to dropbox - please see the dropbox links below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc3xumb8qecebcg/UsbSnoop.log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qbgqfq7x9e06y7/UsbSnoop.zip

Thanks
Adam

Re: Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

m. allan noah-3
It appears that this scanner does use a modified version of the
standard Fujitsu protocol. In theory, it is possible to support this
scanner with the sane fujitsu backend. However, there are a few
unknown commands, which we would have to parrot, since we don't know
the meaning. I'll ask Fujitsu for protocol docs, they might have
something that would help.

Re: Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

Adam32
Many thanks for looking into this.  It would be great if support could be implemented for this scanner.  Please let me know how you get on and if there is anything more I can help with.

Many thanks
Adam

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 08:36:23 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux

Many thanks for looking into this.  It would be great if support could be implemented for this scanner.  Please let me know how you get on and if there is anything more I can help with.

Many thanks
Adam

http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/Fujitsu-ScanSnap-sv600-How-to-get-working-under-linux-tp18787p18804.html
To unsubscribe from Fujitsu ScanSnap sv600 - How to get working under linux, click here.
NAML