Failed to open device `snapscan:libusb:002:002': Error during device I/O

Failed to open device `snapscan:libusb:002:002': Error during device I/O

Mauricio Hernandez Z.
Hey,

This is my first post here.

I have previously searched the mailing lists for similar problems,
unsuccessfully :(

If you know this problem has already been treated here, please do not
slap me, just tell me what "words" to use in search because I failed
there.

If not, this is my problem and I appreciate any help you can give to a
gnu/linux newbie.

AFAIK, I've followed all instructions in web an in man pages, BUT I
still get the same error:

---
Failed to open device `snapscan:libusb:002:002': Error during device I/O
---

So, my scanner is recognized but 'xscanimage' won't scan.

Also, I get this...
---
mhz@ubuntuno:~ $ SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 255.
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_init
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_init: Snapscan backend version 1.4.40
[snapscan] add_usb_device(libusb:002:002)
[snapscan] add_usb_device: Detected (kind of) an USB device
[snapscan] snapscani_usb_open(libusb:002:002)
[snapscan] snapscani_usb_open: Can't get semaphore
[snapscan] add_usb_device: error opening device libusb:002:002: Invalid argument
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_get_devices (0xbfffe8d8, 0)

[snapscan] sane_snapscan_exit

---

The firmware was originally under /home/mhz/e25.bin and I moved it to
/etc/sane.d/e25.bin  In both cases, I specified the path in
snapscan.conf
Anyways, none worked.

Any ideas, please?
--

Regards from Chile,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes" (JPS)

Re: Failed to open device `snapscan:libusb:002:002': Error during device I/O

Henning Meier-Geinitz
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 11:30:03AM -0400, Mauricio Hernandez wrote:
> [snapscan] add_usb_device: Detected (kind of) an USB device
> [snapscan] snapscani_usb_open(libusb:002:002)
> [snapscan] snapscani_usb_open: Can't get semaphore

Uhh. Looks like semget failed. Maybe you can get more details when
running scanimage by strace and searching for "semget"?

Bye,
  Henning