Epson iscan for Linux

Spiro Angeli
Hi,

I also have an Epson Perfection 2400 scanner. While browsing around, I ended
up here: http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html It is a site with
software for Linux. The software is called iscan.

Has anyone heard of it? If so, has anybody installed on Gentoo?
Lastly, is this iscan an application or a twaine or what? I noticed that it
interfaces with gimp too.

I Thank you for the clarification.
Spiro

Re: Epson iscan for Linux

Russ-15
On Thursday 09 June 2005 12:08 pm, Spiro Angeli wrote:
Yes I have used it with my Epson CX6600 All in One. It works and I have had no
problems with it. I downloaded it from:

 http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/index.html

I am using SuSE 9.1 and am getting ready to upgrade to 9,3. I hope it works
there.

--
Russ

Re: Epson iscan for Linux

Olaf Meeuwissen
Spiro Angeli <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I also have an Epson Perfection 2400 scanner. While browsing around, I ended
> up here: http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html It is a site with
> software for Linux. The software is called iscan.
>
> Has anyone heard of it? If so, has anybody installed on Gentoo?
> Lastly, is this iscan an application or a twaine or what? I noticed that it
> interfaces with gimp too.
>
> I Thank you for the clarification.
> Spiro

Hi Spiro,

From the spec file for the upcoming release:

| Image Scan! is a graphical scanner utility for people that do not need
| all the bells and whistles provided by several of the other utilities
| out there (xsane, QuiteInsane, Kooka).
|
| At the moment it only supports SEIKO EPSON scanners and all-in-ones.
| However, the scanner driver it provides can be used by any other SANE
| standard compliant scanner utility.

Gentoo?  I've never tried but as long as you are on i386 you should be
mostly okay with the tarball.

Hope that helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, LAN
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/