Quantcast

Canon Maxifiy MB2000 series

Jörn-Ingo Weigert
I can report that sane does support the rudimentary scanning with the Canon Maxify MB2000 series MFP printer under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I installed the drivers from Canon Website for Linux.
Configured the appropriate permissions to access the scanner device via USB.

What works:
- Scanning in 300 / 600dpi works from Flatbed with Ubuntu own Simple Scan and XSane

What does not work:
- Scanning over / with ADF: The Scanner recognize that there comes a command (display lights up, showing "Process command..." but does NOT activate the feeder or start to scan. :-(
Scanning via Canon own tool scangear works on both flatbed and adf scan.

- Scanning in higher resolution like 1200dpi / 2400dpi result in a doubled interlaced scanning image, however the scan themself work but result in bad image.

Re: Canon Maxifiy MB2000 series

Rolf Bensch-2
Hi,

Sorry for my late response.

Am 25.10.2015 um 10:55 schrieb Jörn-Ingo Weigert:

> I can report that sane does support the rudimentary scanning with the
> Canon Maxify MB2000 series MFP printer under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
>
> I installed the drivers from Canon Website for Linux.
> Configured the appropriate permissions to access the scanner device
> via USB.
>
> What works:
> - Scanning in 300 / 600dpi works from Flatbed with Ubuntu own Simple
> Scan and XSane

OK. Many thanks for your report.

> What does not work:
> - Scanning over / with ADF: The Scanner recognize that there comes a
> command (display lights up, showing "Process command..." but does NOT
> activate the feeder or start to scan. :-(
> Scanning via Canon own tool scangear works on both flatbed and adf scan.

Please sniff the USB protocols from a small scangear adf scan, e.g.
10x10mm @ 75dpi with wireshark.
And again in a different log file from Sane in a Linux terminal:

(1) $ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11
(2) $ scanimage --source "Transparency Unit" -l 100 -x 10 -y 10 2>
pixma.log > pixma.pnm

Then I can compare both log files and prepare a patch.

> - Scanning in higher resolution like 1200dpi / 2400dpi result in a
> doubled interlaced scanning image, however the scan themself work but
> result in bad image.

OK. I can prepare a Patch for 1200 dpi. XSane shouldn't show the option
for 2400dpi.

Please zip the log files. The mailing list rejects large emails.

Cheers,
Rolf