Quantcast

Canon Lide 120 produces all black scans

Paradox
I am trying to get a Canon Lide 120 scanner working. I am using Arch,
kernel is 4.1.6-1-ARCH.  Using the latest sane package from AUR
(sane-git) the scanner is recognized by scanimage.  According to the
genesys man page the scanner is supported by sane-genesys. Everything
seems to be OK but when I run a scan I get a pure black image.  The
light comes on in the scanner, the scan bar moves, etc. but the image is
just blackness.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any assitance.

thomas

Re: Canon Lide 120 produces all black scans

stef-22
On 09/09/2015 06:26, Paradox wrote:

> I am trying to get a Canon Lide 120 scanner working. I am using Arch,
> kernel is 4.1.6-1-ARCH.  Using the latest sane package from AUR
> (sane-git) the scanner is recognized by scanimage.  According to the
> genesys man page the scanner is supported by sane-genesys. Everything
> seems to be OK but when I run a scan I get a pure black image.  The
> light comes on in the scanner, the scan bar moves, etc. but the image
> is just blackness.
>
> Is there a fix for this?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assitance.
>
> thomas

Hello,

     this is a mistake in the man page that I'll fix. LIDE 120 is not
supported. It needs some serious reverse engineering before being usable.

Regards,
     Stef

Re: Canon Lide 120 produces all black scans :p:

Paradox

On 09/09/2015 12:38 PM, Stef wrote:

> On 09/09/2015 06:26, Paradox wrote:
>> I am trying to get a Canon Lide 120 scanner working. I am using Arch,
>> kernel is 4.1.6-1-ARCH.  Using the latest sane package from AUR
>> (sane-git) the
> Hello,
>
>     this is a mistake in the man page that I'll fix. LIDE 120 is not
> supported. It needs some serious reverse engineering before being usable.
>
> Regards,
>     Stef
> .

For what it is worth, the specific man page that caused me to
(apparently) waste my money on this scanner is the one for
sane-genesys.  It was a pleasant (if now a bit unpleasant) surprise
since the website database doesn't list support for the LiDE 120.

thomas

Re: Canon Lide 120 produces all black scans :p:

Pavel Sayekat
Hi,
Now its working, atleast at 300 dpi, I tried with frontend gscan2pdf with latest backend from sane-git, thanks to Stef.

regards
Pavel

Paradox wrote