Canon LiDE 700F with genesys, impossible to scan with higher resolution than 1200 DPI

Canon LiDE 700F with genesys, impossible to scan with higher resolution than 1200 DPI

Jan Beranek
Hello,
thank you for a great support and working scanner in Linux.

Everything works fine in resolution 1200 DPI, with resolution 2400 DPI
which I need for small photos is the scanner not scanning - it make a
"sound" like try to move but actually does not move a bit.

In the attachment is zipped log taken like this:

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255

xsane 2>debug.log

Can you please have a look at this?

Regards

Jan.

debug.log.zip (98K) Download Attachment

Re: Canon LiDE 700F with genesys, impossible to scan with higher resolution than 1200 DPI

stef-22
On 11/01/2016 17:32, Jan Beranek wrote:
Hello,
thank you for a great support and working scanner in Linux.

Everything works fine in resolution 1200 DPI, with resolution 2400 DPI
which I need for small photos is the scanner not scanning - it make a
"sound" like try to move but actually does not move a bit.

In the attachment is zipped log taken like this:

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255

xsane 2>debug.log

Can you please have a look at this?

Regards

Jan.

    Hello,

    at resolution starting at 2400, the scanner take a _very_ long time to calibrate the first time. Try again and let it work.

Regards,
    Stef

Re: Canon LiDE 700F with genesys, impossible to scan with higher resolution than 1200 DPI

Jan Beranek
Hello,
so I tried to be very patient, the scanner was running over night, like 8 hours.

So far nothing, scanner did some sound only in the beginning, later
nothing. I already had to disconnect the scanner, I will try it again
over this night - but honestly, how long this calibration take? It is
really more than 8 hours?

(I've not taken debug.log as this would be too huge)

Kind Regards

Jan.

On 14/01/2016 08:51, Jan Beranek wrote:

> Hello,
> so I tried to be very patient, the scanner was running over night, like 8 hours.
>
> So far nothing, scanner did some sound only in the beginning, later
> nothing. I already had to disconnect the scanner, I will try it again
> over this night - but honestly, how long this calibration take? It is
> really more than 8 hours?
>
> (I've not taken debug.log as this would be too huge)
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Jan.

     Hello,

     it is a matter of minutes not hours. Something isn't going right.
Could you send the debug log a small gray scan with the following commands:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
scanimage -d genesys --clear-calibration --width 50.0 --height 50.0
--mode Gray --resolution 2400  2>scan.log >scan.pnm

Regards,
     Stef

Re: Canon LiDE 700F with genesys, impossible to scan with higher resolution than 1200 DPI

Jan Beranek
Hi Stef,
your command gave me a nice gray scan after like a 7 minutes. Not bad.
Tried the same in xsane after, but there is it not working...

In rar archive are both logs, any idea what can be wrong with xsane?
In scan.xsane.log is one try of register reading repearting forewer...

Regards

Jan.

sane.logs.rar (182K) Download Attachment

On 17/01/2016 20:18, Jan Beranek wrote:

> Hi Stef,
> your command gave me a nice gray scan after like a 7 minutes. Not bad.
> Tried the same in xsane after, but there is it not working...
>
> In rar archive are both logs, any idea what can be wrong with xsane?
> In scan.xsane.log is one try of register reading repearting forewer...
>
> Regards
>
> Jan.

     Hello,

     xsane's scan is done at 16 bit per pixel. Try with 8 bpp to see
what happens.

Regards,
     Stef

Re: Canon LiDE 700F with genesys, impossible to scan with higher resolution than 1200 DPI

Jan Beranek
Hi Stef,
in xsane set 8bit colors, but no chance.

See the attachment please - the result is exactly the same.

Kind Regards

Jan.

debug.log.rar (64K) Download Attachment

On 21/01/2016 21:01, Jan Beranek wrote:
> Hi Stef,
> in xsane set 8bit colors, but no chance.
>
> See the attachment please - the result is exactly the same.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Jan.

     Hello,

     I have undusted my LiDE 700F, and it scans flawlessly. One thing we
could try is to test SANE 1.0.25 on your machine. Last log you sent is
from 1.0.24.
     You could even clone the sources and compiled latest version, then
run it without installing it with the appended script which cans 1 cm
full width at 4800 dpi 16bpp color.

Regards,
     Stef

sc4800-16 (772 bytes) Download Attachment