Quantcast

Canon LiDE 120 not working

Edgar Klenske
Hello,

I have a Canon LiDE 120 scanner at home, and since the support by sane
is "untested", I tried to test it.

I got the newest version from git (d0e7675), compiled and installed the
genesys backend.

The scanner is correctly recognized, but when I try to do a scan, the
motor only moves a small bit and then not at all. There is a lot going
on (low level reads and writes), but the scanner doesn't move.

I'd like to help with this issue, but I don't know where to start. Could
you please tell me what information can help to debug this issue? Then I
can try to provide you with this information.

Thanks,
Edgar.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Canon LiDE 120 not working

Pavel Sayekat
Hey,
I am not a developer but like you. So thought it will be helpful for us to be in touch cause I vahe the same issue, canon LiDE 120 not working, done the device adding to its respected lists, recompiled the latest source availed me nothing, scanner got recognized but producing only black sheet. collected the scanner usb dump data but dont know whom to send, downloaded GL848 datasheet but actually have no idea abt it and fearing to damage the scanner.

like to hear from you, take care.

Edgar Klenske wrote

smime.p7s (5K) <http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/attachment/19968/0/smime.p7s>

Re: Canon LiDE 120 not working

Pavel Sayekat
Hi,
Now its working, atleast at 300 dpi, I tried with frontend gscan2pdf with latest backend from sane-git, thanks to Stef.

regards
Pavel

Pavel Sayekat wrote