Canon LiDE 110 motor movement problems only on some machines / architectures

Canon LiDE 110 motor movement problems only on some machines / architectures

Jason Pepas
Hello,

I just got a Canon LiDE 110 and am getting different results depending upon which of my computers I try to scan from.

Here's the results so far:

* HP laptop (Intel Core i3) / Windows 7:

Works correctly.  This just establishes that the scanner isn't broken.

* Dell tower (Intel Core 2) / Debian 8 (amd64):

Works correctly (using scanimage).

* Dell mini10v (Intel Atom) / Debian 8 (i386):

Bulb lights up, scanning head moves very slowly and jerkily in the correct direction, but only travels about 0.5cm by the time scanimage thinks the scan is done.

* Pogoplug Mobile (arm5tel) / Debian 8 (armel):

Bulb lights up, but scanner head appeared not to move and made grinding noises.  Was it trying to move in the wrong direction?  Is that a timing issue or an architecture endianess issue?

The grinding noises don't appear to be 100% reproducible (sometimes the head just appears not to be doing anything).

* Raspberry Pi B+ (armv6l) / Raspbian (armhf):

Bulb lights up, scanner makes very brief servo noises, then appears to remain silent for the duration of the scan.  Didn't appear to make grinding noises.

So, I think there is a pretty solid opportunity to solve this because I have a few working and non-working platforms to work from.

What's the next step here?  Getting some form of more verbose output from the genesys driver?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Canon LiDE 110 motor movement problems only on some machines / architectures

M G Berberich-6
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, den 15. Oktober schrieb Jason Pepas:
> Hello,
>
> I just got a Canon LiDE 110 and am getting different results depending upon
> which of my computers I try to scan from.

There are (timing?)-issues with the version in Debian 8 (1.0.24) with
LiDE 210 scanners, which is the same backend-driver as (genesys).

So perhaps try to compile sane-backends from git or the 1.0.25 release
or try the 1.0.25 package from Debian experimental.

        MfG
        bmg

--
„Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!“          | [hidden email]

Re: Canon LiDE 110 motor movement problems only on some machines / architectures

Renato Pontefice
Hi,
How can I test the version of SANE?
I'm working on a Debian stretch distribution.
I would remove ALL about SANE and the reinstall. I know it should works on Debian stretch, I think about a "strange"installation.
Tell me how can I remove all the dependency of SANE and then reinstall from scratch.

TIA

Renato

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, den 15. Oktober schrieb Jason Pepas:
> Hello,
>
> I just got a Canon LiDE 110 and am getting different results depending upon
> which of my computers I try to scan from.

There are (timing?)-issues with the version in Debian 8 (1.0.24) with
LiDE 210 scanners, which is the same backend-driver as (genesys).

So perhaps try to compile sane-backends from git or the 1.0.25 release
or try the 1.0.25 package from Debian experimental.

        MfG
        bmg

--
„Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!“          | [hidden email]
(SPD-Stadtrat Kurt Schindler; Regensburg)  | www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~berberic

Re: Canon LiDE 110 motor movement problems only on some machines / architectures

Jason Pepas
Thanks!

I'll give that a shot this evening and report back.

Sent from my iPhone