Agfa SnapScan e25 Procedure Check up

Mauricio Hernandez Z.
After reading, googling, and more reading, this is what I assume it is
to be done in order to get the Scan working properly. However, I DO
NOT get it working, so please let me know what I am doing so wrong.

1) Connect the Scanner
2) Get the firmware (a_file.bin)
3) Place the file.bin somewhere
4) Specify that path in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf just like it says here...

# Change to the fully qualified filename of your firmware file, if
# firmware upload is needed by the scanner
   firmware /home/me/e25.bin

After that, is there anything else I should be doing?
--
Best Regards,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes" (JPS)

Re: Agfa SnapScan e25 Procedure Check up

Oliver Schwartz
Hi,

> After reading, googling, and more reading, this is what I assume it
> is to be done in order to get the Scan working properly. However, I
> DO NOT get it working, so please let me know what I am doing so
> wrong.
>
> 1) Connect the Scanner
> 2) Get the firmware (a_file.bin)
> 3) Place the file.bin somewhere
> 4) Specify that path in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf just like it says
> here...
>
> # Change to the fully qualified filename of your firmware file, if
> # firmware upload is needed by the scanner
>    firmware /home/me/e25.bin
>
> After that, is there anything else I should be doing?

That should be it, under normal circumstances.

If it doesn't work, check the following things:

1) Entry "snapscan" is uncommented in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
2) You only have one SANE installation (i.e. not another one
in /usr/local/lib/sane.d/...)

If it still doesn't work, send the output from

export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage -L

Regards,

Oliver