ADF+double-sided+tiff

Thomas Dahlén
Hi,

I want to scan double-sided documents with my Fujitsu fi-7160 scanner (ADF) and save them in tiff-format. I have tried to figure out how to by reading
scanadf --help --device fujitsu and
scanimage -A --device fujitsu

scanadf - is it possible to do it directly without any conversion like scanscript.sh (http://www.martoneconsulting.com/sane-scanadf-examples.html)?
scanimage - it possible to use scanimage instead? It fails when I try:
scanimage -d fujitsu --source ADF Duplex --format tiff > pictur1.tiff
or --source [ADF Duplex]
If I have understand this correctly scanadf and scanimage uses the same backends but the syntax differs... Where do I find the correct syntax and examples?

/Thomas

Re: ADF+double-sided+tiff

Simon Matter
> Hi,
>
> I want to scan double-sided documents with my Fujitsu fi-7160 scanner
> (ADF) and save them in tiff-format. I have tried to figure out how to by
> reading
> scanadf --help --device fujitsu and
> scanimage -A --device fujitsu
>
> scanadf - is it possible to do it directly without any conversion like
> scanscript.sh
> (http://www.martoneconsulting.com/sane-scanadf-examples.html)?
> scanimage - it possible to use scanimage instead? It fails when I try:
> scanimage -d fujitsu --source ADF Duplex --format tiff > pictur1.tiff
> or --source [ADF Duplex]

I think you should make it:

--source "ADF Duplex"

Regards,
Simon

Re: ADF+double-sided+tiff

Thomas Dahlén
On 2015-10-23 14:27, Simon Matter wrote:
Hi,

I want to scan double-sided documents with my Fujitsu fi-7160 scanner
(ADF) and save them in tiff-format. I have tried to figure out how to by
reading
scanadf --help --device fujitsu and
scanimage -A --device fujitsu

scanadf - is it possible to do it directly without any conversion like
scanscript.sh
(http://www.martoneconsulting.com/sane-scanadf-examples.html)?
scanimage - it possible to use scanimage instead? It fails when I try:
scanimage -d fujitsu --source ADF Duplex --format tiff > pictur1.tiff
or --source [ADF Duplex]
I think you should make it:

--source "ADF Duplex"

Regards,
Simon

Simon!
Thanks, for your help with that!

Now I trie to figure out how to make the scanner (Fujitsu fi-7160) scan both sides of a document  to one tiff-file. I can't find the parameter for that.
Hope you can help me with that too!
Regards
Thomas

Re: ADF+double-sided+tiff

Simon Matter
> On 2015-10-23 14:27, Simon Matter wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to scan double-sided documents with my Fujitsu fi-7160 scanner
>>> (ADF) and save them in tiff-format. I have tried to figure out how to
>>> by
>>> reading
>>> scanadf --help --device fujitsu and
>>> scanimage -A --device fujitsu
>>>
>>> scanadf - is it possible to do it directly without any conversion like
>>> scanscript.sh
>>> (http://www.martoneconsulting.com/sane-scanadf-examples.html)?
>>> scanimage - it possible to use scanimage instead? It fails when I try:
>>> scanimage -d fujitsu --source ADF Duplex --format tiff > pictur1.tiff
>>> or --source [ADF Duplex]
>> I think you should make it:
>>
>> --source "ADF Duplex"
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>
> Simon!
> Thanks, for your help with that!
>
> Now I trie to figure out how to make the scanner (Fujitsu fi-7160) scan
> both sides of a document  to one tiff-file. I can't find the parameter
> for that.

I'm not sure that's possible. I think you could use the --batch* mode to
scan to multiple files and later put them together using other tools like
imagemagick.

Regards,
Simon

Re: ADF+double-sided+tiff

Thomas Dahlén
On 2015-10-23 14:27, Simon Matter wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Ok, thanks for your advice.
Regards
Thomas